The operation of the Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region will be overseen by a Board of Management. The board will consist of 9-12 individuals, whereby composition and selection of the members will be determined as follows:
- 2-3 board members appointed by Southlake Regional Health Centre;
- 1-2 board members appointed by Doane House;
- 2-3 board members from the local community that demonstrate expertise in business;
- 2-3 board members with specific expertise in palliative care and/or related healthcare experience;
The functions of the Board of Management will include:
- participate in the formulation and adoption of the hospice’s mission, vision and beliefs;
- establish processes and schedules to monitor and assess performance in areas of the board’s responsibility;
- develop and monitor policies for admission criteria to the hospice;
- provide advice on operating policies;
- monitor and oversee the development of annual operating and capital budgets
- identify and remediate risks that are inherent in the hospice’s operations;
- guide and direct senior management;
- identify the hospice’s stakeholders and provide oversight to ensure appropriate communication and accountability;
- monitor and participate in annual fundraising programs to support the hospice;
The Board of Management will report to the Board of Directors of Better Living Health and Community Services.
Membership on the Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region Board of Management
Better Living Health and Community Services is currently looking for board members to serve on the Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region Board of Management. Specifically, we are looking for interested community members from York Region and interested professionals with expertise in the area of palliative care.
Applicants interested in this opportunity will be evaluated by the Board of Directors of Better Living Health and Community Services and appointments will be made for a one year term starting in October, 2017.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the attached form and return it to William Krever, President and CEO, Better Living Health and Community Services (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions, please contact William Krever at 416.443.7999.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.