Hike for Hospice
Sunday May 6, 2018
Hike In Honour or In Memory of someone special
Watch our website www.myhospice.ca for more information coming soon!
Hike for Seniors: Stroll, Run & Roll
Sunday May 6, 2018
We are so grateful to the many folks who came out to support exceptional services and programs for Seniors.
Watch our website for more information coming soon!
Better Living Golf Classic
Monday September 17th, 2018
Third Party Events
Thank you for your interest in organizing an event in support of Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region.
It is important for us to work collaboratively with our community and help you host the best fundraising event possible.
We can offer:
- A webpage to promote your event
- A listing in our upcoming event calendar
- An approved logo to use in your materials
- Charitable tax receipts for donations over $20 and according to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) rules and regulations
- Social media promotion on Facebook & Twitter
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation CAN provide:
- An Endorsement Letter which you can show potential sponsors or donors to assist you with your fundraising.
- A website that can assist you with fundraising – we have sites for personal challenges, pledged events, galas and golf tournaments as well as a general donation site.
- A listing for your event on the The PMCF Special Events Calendar on our website
- An approved PMCF logo which you can use on your materials.
- Up-to-date information on cancer research, treatment and patient care at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
- Advice and expertise on event planning.
- Charitable tax receipts according to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) rules and regulations.
- Social media assistance such as posting on Facebook or Twitter.
- For golf tournaments, a donation of one sleeve of PMCF golf balls per registered golfer.
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation regrets that we CANNOT provide:
- Funding or reimbursement for event expenses.
- Mailing or email lists, such as donor lists and Princess Margaret Cancer Centre medical staff lists.
- Promotion and/or advertising of the event except on The PMCF Special Events Calendar.
- Guarantee of attendance of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre or PMCF staff and/or volunteers at the event.
- Any licenses the event needs such as bingo licenses, raffle licenses, etc.
- Access to celebrities or other community or Cancer Centre VIP’s
- Solicitation for prizes, auction items and/or awards.
We request that event proceeds are sent to The PMCF within 60 days of the event.
In order for tax receipts to be issued (if eligible), required information must be received in the preferred format within 60 days of the event.
Event organizers are responsible for ensuring adequate insurance for the event; The PMCF is not responsible for any damage, accidents to persons or property.
Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses; The PMCF will not assume any legal or financial liability.
Where applicable, the event organizers must provide proof that licenses and insurance have been established prior to the event.
The PMCF requires final approval for all event materials prior to any printing and/or distribution. The PMCF name and logo is a registered trademark and cannot be used without the permission of the Foundation.
If you are planning to sell an item or service and donate partial proceeds from each sale to the Foundation, there is an additional form that we will send to you.
If you need further clarification, please feel free to contact The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation’s Special Events Department at 416.946.2382.
*If you are organizing a large scale fundraising event to raise funds for the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer or Rexall OneWalk to Conquer Cancer and would like someone from the Foundation or Cancer Centre to attend, please contact Ramona Oss for the Ride: email@example.com or Karen Adams for OneWalk: firstname.lastname@example.org